Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lewis Ginter Plant Sale

I feel like I dropped the ball a bit when I neglected to write a post about the 'Herbs Galore' sale yesterday -- though I imagine most people in Richmond already know about Maymont's day of herb sales and gardening events. Now I'd like to announce another sale you should visit -- Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens' spring volunteer plant sale! The sale will be held on May 1, 2 and 3 (see the website for hours on each day). Vendors from all over the area will be in attendance selling herbs and ornamentals, including A Thyme to Plant Herb Farm. I especially encourage you to buy from the Tricycle Gardens booth, where vegetable and herb seedlings will be available. Not only will you be able to buy some great plants that Erin and I continue to water and care for, you will be contributing to a great cause -- developing community gardens, educating children, and assisting in 'urban greening' throughout the city. Good luck with your gardens this year, and we'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment