Thursday, October 22, 2009

Want more?

I hope you have loved your farmer's market season well- I know I have. I am sad that market season is coming to a close- I will miss my Saturday morning market ritual. So, I am here to share some great news. Want to extend the season and have fresh food available through the winter? We've got options. St. Stephen's Wednesday market will be open from 4- 7 pm, November 4- December 23. Boost your holiday dinners with local food from farmers and artisans. They've got it all from the best chocolate and pasta to pastured meats and goat cheese. Come and get it!

Are you looking for more of a commitment to local food? Join Fall Line Farms. This co-op, (which gives you access to the suppliers of the Edible Garden restaurant,) charges a one time administrative fee for access to local farms and producers. Check out their website for the specialty producers included in the program. The winter season at Fall Line begins on November 1 and runs through April 30, neatly sandwiched in between market seasons. Order specialty veggies, mushrooms, meats, and coffee and pick them up on Thursdays at several convenient locations, including new sites at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in the near west end and at The Fat Goat in Northside. Who says eating with the seasons is difficult? With these options, choosing to eat locally produced food is as easy (and delicious) as pie.

1 comment:

  1. Wow,that Fall Line Farms looks AWESOME. I wish I could order from them...

    ReplyDelete