Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Market Update- February

Did you know that there are several 'renegade' vendors who have been selling throughout the winter at the Byrd House Market? The RFC went two weeks ago, and were happy to see Faith Farms, CCL, the No Wonder Bread man as well as a jewelry vendor holding court by the community gardens. I went back last night because I was in desperate need of some goat cheese. Faith Farms has been selling their free range eggs, hormone free chicken, beef and pork as well as some amazing Amish rolled butter and my favorite goat cheese all winter long. They take orders and deliver every Tuesday. Email them here to place an order or to get market details. You don't have to have an order in however, they always come well stocked to the market. Did I mention that I recommend the goat cheese?

I also found out that the Lawlers of Faith Farms were featured in Virginia Living magazine, a beautiful monthly periodical. Good news for the farms and the markets!

No comments:

Post a Comment