Saturday, September 19, 2009

Need some inspiration?

I had the most fabulous cross season market haul today- peaches and apples, figs, kale, tomatoes, okra, corn, butter beans, arugula, hakurai turnips, potatoes, kabocha squash and shiitake mushrooms. It is going to be a very busy week at my house, trying to eat or preserve all of this goodness. Some of the fruits and veggies are going to be used in the trail recipes for the next time the RFC appears on Virginia This Morning, October 7th. This time, Shannon will be on talking about apples! Very exciting.
While I was searching for some inspiration and new recipes for my haul, I stumbled upon Sunday Suppers, a gorgeous website that captures the beauty of food, its components and manifestations, and the fellowship that results if you are indeed so lucky. Check it out, especially the fig and sesame tart recipe- don't you wish you were there?

No comments:

Post a Comment