andInvite you to the TEDx event, "Changing the Way We Eat" on February 12, 2011. The day long webcast/ viewing party will take place at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church (6000 Grove Avenue). Join us and learn from national leaders and from your neighbors about what is going on in the food world. Speakers include:
- Dr. Melanie Samuels from Bed Stuy Campaign Against Hunger, whose mission is to "end hunger by distributing food and empowering families through information and support, which will give both strength and dignity to the community".
- Elizabeth Ü, Founder of Finance for Food, will speak about her work of helping to finance sustainable food entrepreneurs.
- Kathy Lawerence, founder of NYC's Just Food and current Program Director of School Food FOCUS, will be speaking about our school system's food – what happened and what’s being done.
- Chef John Fraser of Dovetail and soon-to-open What Happens When
- Laurie David, Producer and Author of "The Family Dinner: Great Ways to Connect with Your Kids, One Meal at a Time"
10:30 am - 12:15 pm: What Happened?
Lunch (Local vendors)
1:30 - 3:15 pm: Where are We?
4:00 - 5:45 pm: Where are We Going?
The event is free, but you need to pre register (so we can be sure to accommodate everyone!) Register here.
To learn more about the impact of a Tedx webcast/ viewing party, check out this great NYT article.