Thursday, March 15, 2012

Does the world need another granola recipe?

I say yes! I can't claim this one as my own, it's a variation on a granola recipe that has been floating around the internet for a while. You can find it here and here.

But it' just so darn good (in part thanks to the olive oil) that I had to share. It's perfectly crunchy, salty but not too sweet. It's an everyday breakfast at our house and as we enter berry season I know I'll be making a ton of it.


(This is my version adapted from Early Bird Foods and Food 52)

Olive Oil, Maple and Almond Granola
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup unsweetened coconut chips (or unsweetened shredded coconut)
1 cup raw almonds, chopped (pecans or any other nut will do)
1 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Olive oil
*1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins, cherries, whatever you have)

Heat oven to 300˚ Line baking sheet with parchment or silpat.

Mix ingredients in order they are listed (dry then wet ingredients, adding dried fruit after baking.)

Spread onto baking sheet and bake about 45 min, stirring every 15min.

Add fruit and enjoy with yogurt, milk and soon with berries!

1 comment: