Monday, April 9, 2012

"Homemade" Honey Mustard Dressing, no Mayo Included

If you really read this blog you know Matt and I make all of our dressings.  The one pictured above is white balsamic, olive oil, mustard seed and tarragon taken before it was shaken up.  Okay, so a few weeks ago I did a post I called 'Time For Fresh' were I mentioned Matt's salad of romaine lettuce, thin sliced radishes and Kerry Gold Kilegree cheddar Cheese with Honey Mustard Dressing.  Well I had wanted then to give you the dressing recipe, but couldn't get it out of Matt in time. So here it is.... and I wish I had a pic. of the salad, oh well...  This dressing is  awesome on the above mentioned salad, or on chicken, and I'm thinking over ham with mustard potatoes.

The Recipe

2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoons Honey
2 tsp. fresh grated Ginger
3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 tsp.  Soy Sauce
2 medium cloves Garlic (mashed into a paste with a pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle)
 1/2 cup Olive Oil

For best results use an immersion blender.  Put all ingredients in the cup that comes with the blender and run till smooth and oil and vinegar are emulsified.

No comments:

Post a Comment