Sunday, June 13, 2010

Recipe: Cheesecake

Ever since Night Sky Farms started selling their amazing cream cheese at the Farmers' Market at St. Stephen's, I have been wanting to tell you about it. I keep thinking of excuses to buy the cream cheese- I have been serving it as an appetizer with bread, topped with tapenade or L and L's Tomato marmalade. But then, I found it. It was this cheesecake which exhibits the superior flavor and texture of the cheese so beautifully, I am glad I waited to share.

Cheesecake with strawberry glaze and fresh berries

Oven at 300 degrees

Crust
2 1/3 cups almond meal
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter

Mix well, press into bottom and up sides of 8 inch springform pan.

Cake
3 eggs, beaten
16 oz cream cheese
1/ 4 tps salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp vanilla
1 pint sour cream

Combine all ingredients, reserving the sour cream. Blend well until smooth. Add sour cream, blend and pour into crust.

Spread strawberry spoon jam on top for glaze.

Bake for 50- 60 minutes, until cake is nearly set. Cool for at least 1 hour. Serve with fresh berries.





6 comments:

  1. This sounds decadently delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! Did you come up with that crust recipe? So much better than graham crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did come up with the crust- I have only made it once, but I am thinking next time I'll use less butter. Almond meal is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good. I can't wait to make it to St. Stephen's!

    ReplyDelete