Monday, June 7, 2010

Recipe: Zucchini Bread

It is getting to be that time of year when you are about to have so many squash, you won't know what to do! I love this bread for breakfast or for snacks. It is one of those foods that I remember from my childhood, though I still can't make it like my momma did.

Zucchini Bread
Makes 2 loaves

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 zucchini, grated, about 2 cups

Optional:
1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1 cup fresh fruit (I used blueberries last time- yum!)

Grease two loaf pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and spices together.

In another bowl or mixer, beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugars together until light and creamy. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and blend. Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake for about 50 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment