Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Worm Warming Reminder...

I have been meaning to write a post about vermiculture for a very long time now... like the last 18 months. Alas for now I will simply send out a very last minute reminder to all of you who have started this enterprise. Tonight and the next few nights may be too cold for those little Red Wigglers.
A basement should be an ideal spot for winter warmth, and weekly access for feeding. I don't have a basement. So for all but the very coldest of nights (at which time they go in my kitchen against my husbands objections) mine have done just fine in our shed with a blanket wrapped around the base so as to not cover the air holes. I use a light colored plastic bin so that on most sunny winter days I can set the bin outside in the sun to absorb warmth without cooking the little guys before they go back into the shed for the night.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! We can't have Larry suffering from hypothermia!

    ReplyDelete