Sunday, October 5, 2008

Meal Plan for Early October

So real quick here is my meal plan for this week. I will try to come back later and give recipes, sources, and 'cheats' (such as the new potatoes from North Carolina) if I can find the time.

Meal 1
Homemade pizza with homemade sauce, Roasted Red Peppers, garlic,basil, Mozzarella, and olives.
Spaghetti Squash with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, zucchini, sweet pepper, and cherry tomatoes.
Arugula salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette and focaccia from "No Wonder" bread.

Meal 2
Homemade soup with chicken stock, potatoes, parsley, kale, carrots, garlic, onions and maybe some chicken.
Grilled cheese and tomato sandwich
Baked apples with honey

Meal 3
Scalloped New Potatoes with chives and garlic
Salmon with Herb butter over mustard greens
Steamed green beans

Meal 4
Swiss chard and goat cheese frittata with green onion
Sweet potato baked fries
figs with honey

Meal 5
Fried Eggplant with homemade marinara sauce
Baked spinach and feta mushrooms
Roasted Red pepper on crusty white bread
arugula salad

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to know where you get local figs from! I know Ellwoods had some last month, but I haven't seen any lately.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    My figs came from Bill's Produce. When I got my last week he had one overflowing pint of them for $4.00 if I remember right. But that was the only one he brought that day so he was probably already running low. He is at Byrd House Market on Tuesdays and South of the James on Wednesdays.
    Last year I lucked out when shopping from the Hanover Farms vendor. The owner, I think his name is Mike, is so nice. A friend of his stop by the booth to gift him some figs while I happened to be there shopping and when mike saw my face light up he dropped about 6 or 8 in my bag and regifted them to me. Gotta love the market.
    Good luck in your search and let us know if you find more.

    ReplyDelete