Monday, October 20, 2008

Michael Pollan on NPR

Michael Pollan spoke with Terry Gross on Fresh Air today about food policy, sustainable agriculture, biofuels, and his open letter to the next president of the United States. Check out the audio file of the interview here!

I found it interesting that a main point Pollan made in his article and the interview was to ask the next president to plant a garden on the White House lawn. You may recall our post about the Eat the View campaign for the same cause -- a White House garden. Pollan didn't mention the website or YouTube video at all. Did he come up with the idea separately? Hmm...

Anyway, Michael Pollan always has good things to say, and both the article and interview are worth your time...let us know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this post. I missed Fresh Air so I really appreciate the link. I adore Pollan. As usual, he doesn't disappoint! 'The Omnivore's Dilemma' is a life changing book (in my humble opinion).

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just listened to the program and as always, very interesting. I love the idea of cooking school graduates receiving loan forgiveness for working in school cafeterias - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete