Sunday, June 1, 2008

Carrot Slaw Recipe

I made this carrot slaw for the locavore potluck. It's a great way to use up those bunches of carrots you're probably getting from the market these days, and a good salad for when you're sick of greens and beans.

2 bunches of small carrots (I use the ones from Victory Farms)
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup craisins
1/4 cup chopped candied ginger
1/2 cup yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
Juice of 1 lemon or 1 lime

Grate the carrots (preferrably using a food processor, as hand grating takes a while) and add all other ingredients, mixing thoroughly.

The measures are rough estimates; I recommend adjusting the recipe for your own taste, especially with the yogurt and honey, which you can change based on how creamy and sweet you prefer this salad.

The candied ginger was from Trader Joe's, and it adds a sweet and tangy flavor. I think this recipe would be fine with grated ginger root as well -- just be careful not to overdo it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting the recipe for this dish. I got more great comments from people about this this dish, even my non-veggie eating dad loved it.

    ReplyDelete