Thursday, February 2, 2012

Planning a Vegetable Garden...



So as our spring-like winter drags on I keeping finding myself day dreaming about real spring in the vegetable garden...okay so I've mentioned this before. February is here, did you know it's already time to get started?

Here are a few resources I have found helpful in my planning,

Southern Exposure Seed Exchange is a RFC regular feature, something just feels right about sourcing seeds locally, just seems like they'd be happier near home right?

Four Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman is my go to year round gardening book, he knows all!

Recently discovered Sprout Robot, its a great way to stay on task with email reminders about what to plant when. Ahem.... Richmond gardeners start your broccoli seeds!

The Vegetable Gardener's Bible is also a staple around here.

Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens offers seed starting and organic gardening classes among others.

I also suspect some of the other members of the RFC may have some things to add to this list and we'd love to learn about your favorite gardening inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Love your gorgeous photos, Casey! Is that your garden? I know you are excited about your new fruit trees this year!

    ReplyDelete